Wednesday 19 December 2012

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD YEAR!

So much for tuning back in a day or two later...here I am two weeks later after traveling from Philly to Utah to Boston and back! Thanks for your unmeasurable grace and patience with me!

I plan to give a more detailed account of my time in the US once I’m finished this home assignment period and am heading back home to Najjanankumbi, Uganda...only a few weeks from now! I’ll be sure to include snaps to narrate some of the moments that have blessed me!

The past weeks and months have been full of opportunities I could have never planned, moments of celebrating with those rejoicing and praying with those on their knees. It has been a healthy time of reconnecting with the body of Christ here in the US and particularly with my sending church, Liberti and our focus on the Gospel of Jesus Christ who came as a child for the purpose of redeeming His broken creation to restore peace and provide a way for us all to be restored to the image He intended, to make all things sad come untrue. This ultimately is my only hope and that which spurs me on in my life and work! It is easy to loose sight of the Truth when I’m not weekly/daily being reminded of them directly, so I am grateful for this time home to come back to my identity and be reminded of the Truth which is the hope for which I practice as a nurse and care for the children and people around me.

Before Christmas rolls up in a week and I wrap up my time here in the US visiting my family and friends, I'm touching base to...

WISH YOU A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS,
HAPPY HOLIDAYS, AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

With that said, I also want to THANK each of you for your love, support, examples, encouragements, and prayers over the past two years! Without you, none of the relationships, learning of language, culture, and medicine, and extension of Christ’s compassion and care for men, women, and children would have been and continue to be possible.

On January 08, 2013 I will be on a flight home to UGANDA! I am planning to continue in the community health development work in the Ssese Islands with Africa Inland Mission, which I have been involved with the past two years focusing on Maternal Child Healthcare Development in the rural fishing camps. I am looking at another 1-3 years at this point and ask you to continue to join with me in this work by prayer and financial support as you are able and as God lays on your heart.

Prayer Needs: As I return to Uganda at the beginning of the year I will send some specific ways you can continue praying for myself, our team, and those we work with. But as always please pray that we would keep our eyes fixed on Jesus and that God would give us wisdom in our lives and work.

Financial Needs: Below I’ve listed a few ways/funds to which you can contribute as a monthly or one time gift. If you are interested in being a part of the work and ministry through giving, please feel free to contact me or click here to see information on GIVING toward "Melanie Musselman"
    - Monthly support
    - Vehicle fund
    - Work funds (for medical/teaching supplies and travel expenses)


THANK YOU FOR JOINING WITH ME IN DEMONSTRATING THE 
CHARACTER OF JESUS TO ALL NATIONS! 

MAY GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY THIS SEASON

melanie JOY

Nothing like the nostalgic warm feeling of this season in NE America
Decorated the tree with my Maama, placing these old childhood
ornaments of my brother and I on the tree...

Happy White Christmas from snowy Utah

This was a happy Thanksgiving with family and friends from
Elverson, PA, USA and UGANDA at the
beloved Maama and Taata's home!!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. So glad you are able to spend some time here in the states. I love that you shared the childhood sled ornaments. Mine is hanging on our tree too, and I've made some for some of the kids. Guess, I should make one for each of our other kids, too.

    ReplyDelete