Saturday 7 September 2013

Well look who it is!





Hello hello! Just want to touch base and say hello from home and let you know I haven’t forgotten about you! I’m sitting down for a few minutes on my day of rest…ha ha! That’s a funny sentence, but a true one! I have sat down more than once today and am thankful for each time I do so and let my mind wander and return before continuing whatever is the next thing on the list to get done before my eyelids close tonight! Anyway, there goes my mind off wandering, ha ha! I am still here despite my absence from this page! I continue traveling between the Ssese Islands and realize that I’ve been terrible about including you in on what’s been going on! Forgive me!

So here’s a quick glimpse of the week…tomorrow I head back out to Kagonya community to one of the churches for the day and then to Boyovu where we’ll be gathering our Community Based Volunteers (CBVs) together for two days to review a training they participated in earlier this year about HIV/AIDS in the church and the church’s response. I’m sure there will be lots of interesting and lively conversations about the challenges faced and solutions discovered! God is at work! I’ll return to Kampala late in the week, God willing, at which point I have every intention of writing up a variety of brief stories to share with you how He’s been at work over the past few months. I hope it will help to bring you back to speed with what’s going on and how best you can join us in making it possible through prayer and other means.

I’m off to finish up packing to be on the road by 630am tomorrow heading toward Lake Victoria…Once I’m back from our very own Gilligan’s Island Episode this week…I’ll tune back in!

Upcoming stories will include details about God’s work in the lives of the above beautiful joyful faces…


1 comment: