Tuesday 14 February 2012

“Everybody, everybody wants to LoVe! Everybody, Everybody wants to be LoVeD…”-Ingrid Michaelson lyrics

I am not much of a enthusiast of this day the commercial world has made into a ‘holiday’, but I am thankful today and these first two months of 2012 that in the midst of the business of life, the joys and sorrows, the work and fun, God is answering my prayers and is leading me in the long journey of knowing, growing, and understanding LoVe…that He is LoVe…how to LoVe as He is and does…

I thank my Lord for His life of love. I thank Him for His Word and the instruction and teaching it provides me for what LoVe truly looks like and means. I especially thank God for the people and opportunities that He has placed in my life daily to practice and be challenged to LoVe God and others:

LoVe is patient and kind
LoVe does not envy or boast
LoVe is not proud, rude, self-seeking, or easily angered
LoVe does not keep record of wrongs or delight in evil
LoVe rejoices in the Truth
LoVe always protects, trusts, hopes, perseveres
LoVe never fails…
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (adaptation)

I also thank my Lord for the many people and opportunities that God has blessed me with to be LoVeD on both sides of the big pond in all areas of life! Above it all I am learning that I could not be more LoVeD than I already am by the Savior of the World and I am learning to place Him as my first LoVe in return with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength!

It is my prayer for each of us reading and following this blog and God’s work here in Uganda that over time we all would come to know and share that same LoVe of Christ who came while we were still sinners and died for Us! It is this that makes me believe that He is continuing to patiently form me and each of us into His beautiful workmanships...and for the hope of transformation through His LoVe I can not be more grateful when I look within and around me...


“[I am so] Lucky to be in LoVe with my best friend [Jesus]…”-Amos Lee lyrics 
(A year ago...even a few months ago I wouldn't have been able to say this...It shows God is transforming and shaping me and I praise Him!)

Much LoVe and blessings to each of you this week! May each of us come to know and experience the depth of true LoVe this week, month, and year and may we find it spilling over to others!

melanie joy



Here are a few of the easiet moments of loving captured over the past few days :)
My sweet and stubborn companion for the day "Sophia" in one of the fishing camps 
My dear friend, a nurse here, Lucy's newest addition...a baby boy!! Meeting Auntie Melanie/Auntie Joy for the first of many many times!


Lucy and baby...Proud and happy first time Maama!

One of the many little boys being born to the nurse's at Mengo hospital! Wee 5 months old John and I enjoyed some precious love and play time together when visiting this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment